Holistic Aromatherapy for Integrative Health™ This micro-credential is essential for anyone passionate about aromatherapy, whether for personal enrichment or professional integration. Dive into the science behind aromatherapy, and discover the effects of essential oils on both the body and mind. Explore strategies for crafting potent essential oil blends tailored to achieve your specific aromatic and therapeutic objectives. Each of the four courses within this program is thoughtfully structured, encompassing modules dedicated to essential materia medica, the theory of aromatherapy, foundational knowledge of anatomy and physiology for aspiring aromatherapists, and practical application techniques.
By completing this micro-credential, you will gain the expertise needed to confidently develop topical and inhalation aromatherapy applications while adhering to essential safety guidelines. The culmination of this four-course series involves immersive hypothetical client case studies, centering around common reasons why your clients, family members, or community members may seek aromatherapy support plans.
- Explore both the historical and modern interpretations and practices of aromatherapy.
- Gain a working knowledge of 20 essential oils
- Examine how aromatherapy interfaces with vital body systems to generate physiological and psychological effects.
- Identify the aromatic profiles, key chemical constituents, therapeutic applications, and safety protocols associated with essential oils commonly used in aromatherapy.
- Formulate safe aromatherapy preparations and wellness plans tailored to meet the unique needs of clients.
Please note that this micro-credential is also designed to prepare participants for eligibility for membership as a National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) Certified Level 1 Aromatherapist®. Further details about this esteemed professional recognition can be found here.
An optional practical lab kit is also available from the Apothecary Shoppe online here to supplement your learning with hands-on activities.
All education developed by American College of Healthcare Sciences.
ACHS.edu | Portland, OR
Note: Unless otherwise indicated, ACHS micro-credentials are for professional development and do not award academic credit. Non-credit micro-credentials are not accredited by DEAC.