Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Organic
Ylang ylang: Cananga odorata (Lam.) var. genuina
Why ylang ylang? In Malayan, ylang ylang means “flower of flowers.” With its fruity, floral, and sweet aroma, ylang ylang essential oil is uplifting and cleansing. It is wonderful when added to soaps or the bath for radiant skin, and the fragrance inspires joy.
Quality Assured: Our organic ylang ylang essential oil is responsibly sourced from Madagascar. The essential oil is steam distilled from the flowers. Every batch of oil is Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth and produced without the use of genetic engineering, artificial fertilizers, or pesticides. Additionally, our expert aromatherapists here at the Apothecary Shoppe personally assess all of our oils—using touch, taste, smell, and lab analyses—to ensure that your essential oil is suitable for use and entirely free of adulterants.
Curious about bottle sizes? Click Here.
How to Use
Benefits: Ylang ylang essential oil supports clear and radiant skin. Try using this sweet and woody essential oil to create fragrant soaps and detergents or flavorful soft drinks, desserts, or breath fresheners.
Regulatory Status: Ylang ylang essential oil is listed on the FDA Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) list.
Oils That Blend Well With Ylang Ylang:
- basil Ocimum basilicum
- bergamot Citrus aurantium var. bergamia
- benzoin Styrax tonkinensis
- chamomile Roman Chamaemelum nobile
- clary sage Salvia sclarea
- elemi Canarium luzonicum
- fennel Foeniculum vulgare
- geranium Pelargonium graveolens
- ginger Zingiber officinale
- grapefruit Citrus paradisi
- jasmine Jasminum grandiflorum
- lavender Lavandula angustifolia
- lemon Citrus limonum
- marjoram Origanum majorana
- neroli Citrus aurantium var. amara
- rose Rosa damascena
- sandalwood Santalum album
- vetiver Vetiveria zizanioides
- yarrow Achillea millefolium
FRUITY AND FLORAL CALMING BLEND:
Lavender Lavandula angustifolia essential oil: 5 drops
Ylang ylang Cananga odorata var. genuina essential oil: 3 drops
Bergamot Citrus aurantium var. bergamia essential oil: 2 drops
Blend the oils and add three drops to a full bath, or use a foot or hand bath at least once daily. If shower is preferred, adding this formula to liquid soap is an effective alternative.