Structure and Function of the Body 15th Ed.
by Thibodeau & Patton.
Mastering the essentials of anatomy, physiology, and even medical terminology has never been easier! Using simple, conversational language and vivid animations and illustrations, Structure & Function of the Body, 15th Edition walks readers through the normal structure and function of the human body and what the body does to maintain homeostasis.
- Conversational and clear writing style makes content easy to read and understand.
- Full-color design contains more than 400 drawings and photos.
- Clear View of the Human Body is a unique, full-color, semi-transparent insert depicting the human body (male and female) in layers.
- Animation Direct callouts direct readers to Evolve for an animation about a specific topic.
- Updated study tips sections at the beginning of each chapter help break down difficult topics and guide readers on how to best use book features to their advantage.
- Special boxes such as Health and Well-Being boxes, Clinical Application boxes, Research and Trends boxes, and more help readers apply what they have learned to their future careers in health care and science.
- NEW! Language of Science and Medicine section in each chapter includes key terms, word parts, and pronunciations to place a greater focus on medical terminology
- NEW! Thoroughly revised chapters, illustrations, and review questions reflect the most current information available.
- NEW! High quality animations for the AnimationDirect feature clarify physiological processes and provide a realistic foundation of underlying structures and functions.
- NEW! Simplified chapter titles provide clarity in the table of contents.
- NEW! Division of cells and tissues into two separate chapters improves reader comprehension and reduces text anxiety.
This book is one of the required textbooks for the ACHS Nat 210 Anatomy & Physiology I course.
For California Residents
WARNING: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.