NASM Essentials of Personal Fitness Training, 6th ed.
by National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
This text is required reading for PFT 101.
Since 1987, the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) has been a global leader in providing evidence-based certifications and advanced credentials to health and fitness professionals. NASM Essentials of Personal Fitness Training, Fifth Edition, continues to lead the way by providing the most comprehensive resource for aspiring personal trainers and other health and fitness professionals.
Based on NASM’s proprietary Optimum Performance Training™ (OPT™) model, you will learn a systematic approach to program design with exercise program guidelines and variables; protocols for building stabilization, strength, and power programs; guidance on how to build a clientele through professional development; and more! By following the techniques in this book, you will gain the information, insight, and inspiration you need to change the world as a health and fitness professional.
This edition of Essentials of Personal Fitness Training employs strategic learning features that not only make the content more digestible, but also turn theory into practice. Chapter progression threads science throughout the entire text, rather than all at once in order to enhance learning and contextual understanding. The new feature area as follows:
- Memory Tips: Tips and tricks for trainers to easily remember complex terms without the extended effort of rote memorization
- Trainer Tips: Inside-the-industry application tips from experts with years of experience
- Check It Out: Quick tips and/or facts that have an apparent application and real-world usability.
- Caution: Distinct things trainers should be aware of as they relate to scope of practice and potential pitfalls
- Case Scenarios: Chapter openings and closings that present a relevant situation a personal trainer might come across, along with recommendations for how a fitness professional should address the situation