Integrative Medicine, 3rd Ed
by David Rakel
Integrative Medicine, by Dr. David Rakel, provides the practical, evidence-based guidance you need to safely and effectively integrate complementary and alternative medical treatments into your practice. This medical reference book lays the framework for making the best use of these therapeutic modalities and understanding the mechanisms by which these interventions work, keeping you at the forefront of the trend toward integrative health care.
- Incorporate therapeutic integrative medicine modalities into clinical practice through the "Tools for Your Practice" section that offers how-to application for recommending mediation, prescribing probiotics, and how to do an elimination diet.
- Apply integrative treatments for a full range of diseases and conditions including autism, stroke, chronic fatigue syndrome, and various forms of cancer...see how to advise patients on health maintenance and wellness...and get valuable advice on topics such as meditation, diet, and exercises for back pain.
- Avoid potential complications with recommended dosages and precautions.
- Enhance patient care with therapy-based guidance and printable patient education guides.
- Implement proven integrative treatments for various diseases thanks to an evidence-based therapeutic approach.
- Weigh the likely effectiveness of various treatments vs. their potential harm with helpful icons based on the SORT (Strength of Recommendation Taxonomy) method.
- Validate potential interventions through the latest research in genomics and advanced imaging technologies, such as MRI.