The Detox Diet 3rd Ed.
This fully updated edition of The Detox Diet guides readers through the detoxification process and follow-up cleansing programs developed by Dr. Elson Haas for those struggling with addictions to sugar, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol.
- Do you overeat? Or are you overweight without overeating?
- Are you often tired or fatigued without knowing why?
- Do you consume caffeine and sugar to get through the day?
- Do you suffer from sinus headaches or chronic nasal congestion?
- Do you experience constipation, heartburn, or indigestion?
- Do you have high blood pressure or elevated blood cholesterol?
- Do you smoke and have you tried unsuccessfully to quit?
- Do you consume alcohol daily or in large amounts?
- Do you use nonprescription, prescription, or recreational drugs regularly?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Dr. Elson M. Haas can help you regain vitality and start you on a new path to lifelong vibrant good health with his safe, effective detoxification and cleansing program. Fully updated and expanded, the third edition of The Detox Diet offers a variety of fasting and juice-cleansing options, fifty deliciously satisfying follow-up recipes, and specially designed menu plans, whether you’re struggling with sugar, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, or common chemical sensitivities.
Dr. Haas has added an important new chapter dedicated to teens about simple detox activities plus guidelines for dealing with weight and blood sugar issues, eating disorders, body image concerns, and substance abuse. He also answers the most frequently asked question from parents: “Is fasting safe for my teenage daughter or son?”
Also included is a fast-food replacement chart; an elimination regimen that zeros in on specific dietary culprits; easy-to-follow detoxing directions that maintain teen-essential protein; and a modified juice-cleansing program developed for this age group
This is a required text for NUT309 and NUT509
For California Residents
WARNING: This product may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.